We are the same when it comes to certain things, Thank God not all! Femmes Fatale do your thing!
- – Femme Fatale – Dangerous 60′s dress! (theweightlossartist.wordpress.com)
- Women Activists United in Song on Women’s Equality Day on August 26, 2010 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- What is Women’s Equality Day? (womensphilanthropy.typepad.com)
- The Smoke of Ocoee: The Assault on Voting Rights (firedoglake.com)
- FAU to Hold Women’s Equality Day Celebration (browardnetonline.com)
Sunday, August 26, is Women’s Equality Day. This day marks the anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote 92 years ago. Thousands of women and their allies worked for decades to make that day in 1920 possible. It took years of lobbying and demonstrations, passing out pamphlet after pamphlet, publishing editorials, and giving speeches to make it happen. On Women’s Equality Day in 2010, we celebrated some of the great sacrifices women suffragists made in the fight for the vote.
The right to vote was a great step in women gaining equality — many of today’s elected leaders are sticking up for women and their rights because women are a vocal constituency. But it’s not enough. Some of our representatives still believe women can’t get pregnant from rape, while others want to repeal the Affordable Care Act, which provides millions of…
View original post 249 more words